Saturday, July 02, 2005

Best City in Canada?

Hmmm, someone has asked me to recommend one city in Canada and then say why. I am finding it quite hard to do as I think most of Canada is amazing. We have a great great country here.

Montreal: Stunning, cultural, cold in the winter (yech), hot in the summer, must speak french!!
Vancouver: Rainy, cultural, great shopping, great weather!
Edmonton: Friendly people, ok shopping (check out Colour Blind on Whyte Avenue), bad bad drivers (yours truly was one until she relocated), very very cold in winter (again yech) but beautiful summers.
Calgary: Good shopping (Can you tell I like to shop??), good restaurants, very very confusing roadways, beautiful view of the mountains, great c-train system if you don't want to drive downtown...

See what I mean? So many cities.... so little time...

I will think about it and blog more on it later!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tis herself said...

First let me thank you for stopping by.

Second, I have to say that I have always wanted to visit Canada. My husband is afraid I will never want to come back to the States if I do. It's an actual dream after looking at so many wonderful pictures to just retire there even though I have never been in person.

6:30 AM  
Blogger aka.alias said...

You dropped by my blog (glad you like it!) and commented on the reinstating of the death sentence. I usually get people berating me for my stance, so it's great to hear from someone like-minded.
Your review of cities ... I haven't been there for a coon's age, but Medicine Hat was one of the most picturesque cities I have ever seen. Everyone grew flowers!

6:30 AM  
Blogger DaliWood said...

I have been to Canada a number of times and enjoyed it thoroughly. I remember Prince Edward Island with particular fondness for its quiet, almost subtle beauty and then the western parts of your country for their more dramatic natural scenes. I will go back to Banff as soon as I can. It was stunningly beautiful.

My only criticism of Canada was the drivers there. In general, I thought Canadians to be a bit impatient behind the wheel. More than once, I got a horn blow from a tailgater if I didn't hit the gas within a microsecond of a traffic light turning green. Outside of their cars, these same people were friendly and welcoming.

I haven't been to Vancouver, but it's next on my list.

Now if y'all could just warm the place up a bit in winter, I'd be happy to join you. I have a friend who says, "The whole damn place is north of Minnesota! Now that's cold." That's not really country for an American Southerner to visit in winter, but in the summer it's country for anyone who loves beauty.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Jay Oatway said...

My vote is for Vancouver. Any city where mountians meet ocean must rate at the top of the list. Location, location, location.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I've never been to canada but have always wanted to go. . .maybe someday.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home