Friday, February 24, 2006

Stupidity Runs Amok

Let's talk about stupidity. Specifically the stupidity that is the protests over the cartoons.
Fact: The cartoons were offensive to Muslims .
Fact: The cartoons were printed several times over to prove a point.
These are facts, now I am heading into opinion. I am not going to debate the validity of the cartoons here. I have already stated my opinion in a previous post.
What I am going to talk about is the moronic, disgusting, shameful, insane, asinine, counter-productive protests and boycotts that have been going on around the world and the further ignorant, rude commentary left on certain blogs who disagree with the protests.

My good friend The Corporal over at Curbed Enthusiasm has now written two seperate posts about this issue. The first post called Flameworthy drew several comments. Some nice, some not so nice and one serious whiner named Mohammed who is a disgrace to Islam. I call him a disgrace because he criticized The Corporal for stating his own opinion. Like every other Muslim who cannot be bothered to change their narrow view of the world, Mohammed whined and cried about how offended he is by these cartoons and on top of that by The Corporal's opinion about the protest. I responded to him there and see no need to further respond to his asinine self-pity party. Today, I clicked over to get my dose of laughter from The Corporal's site and find
Flameworthy 2: Support Free Speech in big bold title face letters. Now since it is not in The Corporal's habits to be boring and repetitive, my interest (and dread) were immediately piqued. Well lo and behold, not only did he get threatening emails and anonymous commentary, he got hacked over his first post of Flameworthy. He got hacked by some second rate loser who decided that he doesn't like free speech for anyone but himself. The jerk then decided to tell The Corporal that he did it because he didn't like his response to the comment nor did he like his comments about the whole issue. Well, let's see if he likes these any better because I am about to tell you what offends a Muslim. Namely: ME!

I am offended by people who come to my chosen home (that would be Canada) and decide that they absolutely refuse to even attempt to integrate. My parents came here when I was 3. We have integrated and kept our traditions and language. Why in the hell can't you? Before you all scream "RACIST!!!", remember, I am an immigrant too so I can say exactly what I think because I am an immigrant who has been in the same situation.

I am offended by people who are Muslim and who look at other less practicing Muslims and lecture them on how their life should or should not be. Sod off, it is none of your business how I or anyone else lives their life. You should give care about your own soul.

I am seriously offended by people like the jackasses who hacked/emailed/anonymous commented The Corporal. They offend me because they lack the conviction that it takes to be a Muslim so they attack everyone around them when their beliefs are called into question. Were the cartoons tasteles? Definitely. Were they offensive? Of course. Do you lackwits have the right to tell people what to write about, look at, view, read, watch or listen to? NO! No you don't. Free Speech isn't just about you and your asinine protesting. It is about everyone getting to say what they think or feel. If it offends you, don't look at it. Don't read it, don't buy it but don't you dare presume to tell the rest of us what is or is not acceptable to us.

I am beyond offended by people like the ones who are wasting precious energy protesting over something so trivial as a cartoon. Where are the protests over honour killings? Where are the protests over the consitently anti-semitic rhetoric used by our governments to turn the attention away from their corruption? Where are the protests over Darfur? Where are the protests against Zarqawi, Bin Laden, Zawahiri and the rest of the murdering thugs. Before any of you fanatic morons jump and say that Bin Laden et al are protectors of anything but themselves, scroll down to my post on that piece of human waste.
Where are your protests at the suicide bombings? Where are your protests against the tide of extremism? Where are your protests against the dictatorships and monarchies that keep our people poor and uneducated? Oh wait, sorry, you are busy protesting a bunch of cartoons that you are sure have offended the Prophet where ever he is. You would be wrong. Any true Muslim knows that the Prophet is the still the Prophet no matter how many cartoons there are. Any true Muslim knows that the Prophet is going to be much more concerned about the Culture of Death that has taken over his Ummah. Any true Muslim knows that these protests are counter-productive and ridiculous. The whole thing should have ended with a boycott of the Newspaper itself.

People like the hacker, the threatening emailer, the anonymous commentors shame me. They make me ashamed that they feel they can call themselves Muslims in all their puffed up self-righteous glory. They offend me.

People like The Corporal: They bless me. Every day and in little ways they don't even know about.

Free Speech is not just for Muslims, it is for everyone. If you don't like it: SHUT THE FUCK UP!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home